Bio-Touch is Used as a Healing Touch Technique for The Dying Process
Death, like life, is a personal journey everyone experiences in their own unique way. And the care givers and/or loved ones of the dying person will be on a journey of their own as they witness this dying process.
The dying person may begin to see or speak to people who others cannot see in the room. Often, these are friends and relatives who have already died. Some may see this as the veil being lifted between this life and the next, while other people believe these are hallucinations.
The dying person may pick at their sheets and clothing in a state of agitation. They may have trouble swallowing food, liquids or medications or may refuse to take the medications prescribed. Other signs of the dying process:
- The body temperature lowers by a degree or more.
- The blood pressure lowers.
- The pulse becomes irregular and may slow down or speed up.
- There is increased perspiration.
- Skin color changes as circulation is diminished. This is noticeable on the lips and nail beds as they become pale and bluish.
- Breathing changes occur, often becoming more rapid and labored, then irregular and slower.
- Speaking decreases and eventually stops altogether.
- Periods of relaxation may be interrupted by sudden movements of arms and legs.
Rapid breaths followed by periods of no breathing at all, called Cheyne-Stokes breathing, may occur. Congestion in the airway can causing loud, rattled breathing. This change in breathing can be very uncomfortable for loved ones to hear, but does not appear to be unpleasant for the person who is dying.
Hands and feet may become blotchy and purplish (mottled). This mottling may slowly work its way up the arms and legs. The person usually becomes unresponsive and may have their eyes open or semi-open but not seeing their surroundings. Eventually, breathing will cease altogether and the heart stops.
Bio-Touch has been shown to relieve agitation, alleviate pain, ease breathing, and generally help a dying person stay calm and relaxed. While not a substitute for standard medical care, Bio-Touch is an effective complement to medical protocols. Family members and friends can learn how to use Bio-Touch, without being concerned about negative side effects.