View the free presentation on Inflammation.
At the 27 minute mark learn the Bio-Touch points that can address Inflammation.
GET A FREE PREVIEW COPY of our training manual for Bio-Touch
Get workshop with included WORKBOOK only $10.
When your body encounters an offending agent (like viruses, bacteria or toxic chemicals) or suffers an injury, it activates your immune system. Your immune system sends out its first responders: inflammatory cells and cytokines (substances that stimulate more inflammatory cells). These cells begin an inflammatory response to trap bacteria and other offending agents or start healing injured tissue. The result can be pain, swelling, bruising or redness. But inflammation also affects body systems you can’t see.
There are two types of inflammation:
- Acute inflammation: The response to sudden body damage, such as cutting your finger. To heal the cut, your body sends inflammatory cells to the injury. These cells start the healing process.
- Chronic inflammation: Your body continues sending inflammatory cells even when there is no outside danger. For example, in rheumatoid arthritis inflammatory cells and substances attack joint tissues leading to an inflammation that comes and goes and can cause severe damage to joints with pain and deformities.
Acute inflammation may cause:
- Flushed skin at the site of the injury.
- Pain or tenderness.
Chronic inflammation symptoms may be harder to spot than acute inflammation symptoms. Signs of chronic inflammation can include:
- Abdominal pain.
- Chest pain.
- Fatigue. (example: systemic lupus)
- Fever. (example: tuberculosis)
- Joint pain or stiffness. (example: rheumatoid arthritis)
- Mouth sores. (example: HIV infection)
- Skin rash. (example: psoriasis)
Bio-Touch can help to ease the symptoms of inflammation. While not a substitute for standard medical care, Bio-Touch is an effective complement to medical protocols. Family members and friends can help each other feel better using Bio-Touch, without being concerned about negative side effects.